Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Floor Scrubbing

We have linoleum in one bathroom. the laundry room, the kitchen and the dining room. In total, it is probably about 500 sq feet of hard floor. I have a difficult time getting around to cleaning it because it takes some time. By the time I get it all swept up, someone has dropped carrot pieces on it or crunched Cheerios into the floor. If I get around to mopping it, it takes forever to dry, and it almost always ends up more dirty than I started with.

To say that it gets swept once a month would be a serious exaggeration, as terrible as that may sound.

Yesterday after having the baby pee on the floor and poop on the floor along with dog throw up and a cat that missed the litter box, I decided I had had enough. I got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed the entire 500 sq feet of it.

Today, I swept and mopped it while the baby was asleep. I just hope that it dries quickly because the kitten has been running back and forth on it. I have done the best I can do, that is for sure.

It has a good half-hour to dry before Jared heads out demanding I give him food. :)

It feels good to have it clean, and I may just keep it that way because I like to have a house that looks half decent!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I don't even bother with mopping anymore, really--I'll "mop" the whole floor with the mop but just do any actual dirty spots by hand. I feel like I actually got something cleaned that way!