Monday, December 31, 2007

New Years' Resolution--Exercise

Ok, so I have lost 15 pounds, which is more than I deserved to lose because I wasn't even trying. However, I am realizing how being out of shape effects me. Carrying Daphne in the store for a long time is hard. Also, when I was shooting 1 or 2 or 3 weddings in a weekend, I was disheartened when I was tired at the end of the day. I have always had endless energy, and at 23, I can't blame the lack of energy on getting older. So, I need to exercise more. I have some new yoga DVDs and my bike trailer.

The plan--I need to work out at least 4 times a week. The catch, it needs to be an extended workout at least 60 minutes. This could be a mixture of things, but I plan to do yoga, run and ride my bike. Walking is also acceptable as long as I carry Daphne with me and it is speedwalking. Pushing Daphne in a stroller doesn't count. Pulling Daphne in the bike trailer does count.

The goal. When I lose another 15 pounds of baby weight, maybe I can get back to my high school days and lose another 15 pounds from there. At which point, I hope to be so happy with working out and running and things that it no longer needs to be a RESOLUTION to do it. I did need some kick in the behind though, so that is good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember how we used to have swimming dates? You need to move to NH so we can do that again. :D