Monday, December 03, 2007

OHSU Records

I recently got my records from OHSU of the time that I spend in the hospital.

Some say that it can be therapeutic to go through records, especially of a traumatic incident and see what the viewpoint of the doctors is.

I was treated like a cow in the hospital, but this is no different for any other pregnant woman. If you don't follow their exacting protocol, they march you up the c-section ladder. This seems very suspicisous, but I totally should have done my research first.

I was diagnosed with FTP (Failure to Progress). That is a load of horse shit. My labor was long, but if hospitals didn't exist, how else was that baby supposed to come out of me? It would have happened eventually, and with Apgar scores of 9 and 9, she clearly was healthy enough to handle it.

Another interesting note was that my placenta was HUGE, so it is possible that I had gestational diabetes. I am going to keep this in mind if I am going to have another baby, and I will eat well during the pregnancy. I ate well with Daphne, but not the way I would have had to eat if I had had gestational diabetes.

Another fun note is that my hemoglobin went down 4.5 points in 1 day from the surgery. That means I lost a LOT of blood!!!!!

No comments: