Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

Hello to everyone in cyber land.

Christmas is again here, and what a wonderful time it is. For everyone that I know, it brings different feelings. For some it is a busy time because of the necessity to sell things. Some it is a busy time because of the necessity to buy things.

This year, I tried to take a step back and enjoy the things that come along with Christmas. I enjoyed the music on the radio and in the stores. I enjoyed the look and the smell of our Christmas tree. I enjoyed the apple cider that I learned to make from scratch. I enjoyed the Christmas specials that play every year like "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and "The Grinch that Stole Christmas." This year, I really got a chance to even enjoy the new special, "Shrek the Halls."

I enjoyed hot chocolate and baked goods for breakfast. I enjoyed putting together a stocking for my husband for the Christmas season. I enjoyed putting together photos of Daphne to share with friends. I enjoyed putting together a gift for my sister. I enjoyed the cold that comes with this kind of year and the snow. I enjoyed toying with the idea of making gingerbread houses and putting it off till next year when we have hot water.

I enjoyed reading "A Christmas Carol" to Daphne while she talked back to me about the story. I enjoyed staying home and eating good food with my family.

There are so many things about this season that make it so much fun. I am glad that I took some time to appreciate it.

As I get older, I realize that it is about family and the spirit of Christmas, and the gift giving is second to all that. I received some nice gifts this year, which I whole-heartedly appreciate.

I had two family members donate to Heifer International. It makes me feel so good to know that somewhere in the world soon, a family will have goats and chickens and heifers to help produce food for their families. It will literally turn the lives of those people around.

My husband put together the materials necessary for me to make a spice rack similar to the one that Alton Brown has on Good Eats. I am happy to try that out because I am getting into the spice world a lot!

My mother-in-law gave me a scarf and glove set, which is wonderful because it is cold!!! It has been cold, cold in our house, and that will be very useful.

Brett gave me a set of bamboo cooking tools. I don't know that he knows how much I think bamboo is wonderful, but I do, and I am excited to use them!

My friend Melissa and I traded buying digital scales for our kitchens, so I can now weight ingredients much better, which will result in perfect meals!!!

I got some lotion and soap from our good friend Linda. I LOVE getting this! It makes me so happy.

I am grateful for all of the gifts that I got, and I am especially grateful for the fact that I got to spend this Christmas with my family.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my digital scale! But YOU and marvelous DAPHNE were my real Christmas presents. :D