Saturday, December 22, 2007

Food Junkie

I am now a huge food junkie. Way too many hours of watching the Food Network after my c-section has led me into a life where I feel like I can cook anything. It is kind of crazy really! The other night, I made mussels in a reduced wine and cream sauce with brussel sprouts as a side. The night after that, I made portobello mushroom lasagna. It was very good until it turned out that I was actually allergic to the mushrooms, so Jared is going to have to finish it off. It tasted great though.

Last night, I made crab bisque soup. I had never even seen a recipe for it, and I just made it up as I went along. It was super, super good.

Some people find cooking a chore, but I really enjoy it. It comes easy to me, and making great meals is my passion.

I've got a lot of other meals to make soon too. Christmas is a cooking time for me.

The menu includes:

  • Fudge
  • Egg Nog
  • Mushroom Rissoto
  • Lobster (or as they say in Boston (L AH b stuh)
  • Broccli Au Gratin
Etc....

Daphne and I are enjoying cooking together. We plan to make gingerbread houses on Christmas eve!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see our pronunciation lessons paid off! :D