Friday, May 16, 2008

Sizzle

Today was hot, Hot, HOT!

Daphne and I spend the majority of the day outside despite the fact that it make it up to 101 degrees here!

I realized that our back yard gets shade later in the day, so even though it is very hot, we are in the shade and can be outside and play without too much of a problem.

I have been working very hard in the yard trying to get it all up to snuff. Yesterday, I moved my apple tree because it turned out that I had planted it originally in the only spot in our back yard that we can fit the trampoline. Our neighbor had a trampoline they were wanting to get rid of, so they gave it to use for next to nothing. It is in great shape, and I really like them, so it will be a fun addition.

Because of the heat, we also got a little blow-up kids pool, and I put it on our back deck. Daphne and I played in it, and she really, really had a lot of fun, which was nice!

I also finished planting all of my plants except for my herbs. It was nice to be out there getting that all done (oh wait, I still have to plant some garlic). I will be producing quite a bit of food, which is nice. I already have quite a few sprouts,so it will not be long at all before I have radishes at least!

It was all hard work, and I was definitely sweating, but it was totally worth it.

No comments: