Sunday, May 11, 2008

California Here We Are

We decided to take a long weekend trip to California to visit Jared's dad down there.

Jared's dad's name has officially become Papa Bob for all intents and purposes.

Jared and I have been married for almost 5 years now, and we have been together for almost 7. In all that time, we haven't done a lot of family visiting together. He has come to Burns with me 3 times total and I had never gone down to California.

He talked about taking me over and over and over again, and so we decided to head on down. It would be good to get to visit with his dad and see the sites of where he grew up.

Man O man did I get the grand tour. We went everywhere. Most importantly, we went and took some photos with a big, giant tree, which is really cool. I had always wanted to play around in a Redwood forest, and we did for a little while.

I saw the house Jared grew up in and the town he grew up in and many of the towns around as well. They even took me by the hospital he was born in!

We had an awful lot of fun, and we got to hang out with Papa Bob for a while, what a treat!

No comments: