Thursday, August 30, 2007

Mom Screwed Up

Ok. A lot of moms have regrets about their kids. I wish I had spent more time with them...I wish I had breastfed for longer... I wish I hadn't let my mother bully me into feeding solid foods yet... I wish I had read to the baby more...I wish I had made the baby sleep through the night, etc.

I have no such regrets. Other than the c-section which wasn't exactly anyones fault, I am happy.

I am breastfeeding. I am only one week shy of making it the entire six months. This is amazing and wonderful for me. I'm glad I didn't give up. I spend a good amount of time with her every day. I haven't rushed her off to daycare so someone else can raise her. I have taught her to read. I go for walks with her. I snuggle with her, etc.

But, lest you think I'm a perfect mama, I do screw up. She has been getting progressively cranky as the summer goes on, and I was having a hard time figuring it out. One day, I left her in her pajamas, and I discovered, that she was cold. So, I guess I was freezing my baby my letting her run naked in the summer. That is now fixed, and I am glad that the crankiness is over and that I can have a perfect baby again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've always been told that you give the baby one more layer than you'd give yourself.