Thursday, August 30, 2007

Daphne, where is the Light? Daphne, where is the fan?

There are a lot of changes going on here. I need to write more about them as I post photos because it isn't all about the photos.

I am taking lots of video, and maybe I will try to figure out how to do a video up here.

Here is the monumental news of the day, Daphne knows the words "fan" and "light"

I was in Jared's office with her today, and she was looking at the fan. I told her, "Daphne, that is a fan." After she looked away for a minute, I then got her attention and said, "Daphne, Daphne, where is the fan." She turned her head and looked directly at the fan.

Just to ensure it wasn't a fluke, I took her to the bedroom, turned on the light and said, "Daphne, where is the light." She turned her head and found the light.

I was excited as all heck because that was the first physical manifestation that she actually knew English words!!!!!

I have now repeated many times since then, and she's got a lot of praise. And, she wins a lot of points in my book for cuteness.

She wants me now, so that makes the end of the post!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yaaaaaaay! :)