Thursday, August 30, 2007

Ban All Things Chinese?

Ok. So I like Chinese things as much as the next guy. I can't turn down a plate of Orange Chicken or broccoli and beef. I don't know that we have gone so far as to find toxic chemicals in our Chinese food, but this has just gone too far.

Jared and I are starting to become more conscious of things that are coming to the US from China because they seem to have different standards than we do. First it was the million toys that were recalled and now it is toxic rice and now toothpaste.

Check out this article which indicates that yet again, we are being poisoned by China.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2007/08/14/tainted-toothpaste-took-an-unchecked-route.aspx

Though I refuse to live my life in constant fear, I am going to watch what things I buy from abroad and perhaps buy things from my local market if possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally on board with you! Tom's of Maine is local toothpaste for me, you know. :)