Friday, May 01, 2009

Windows are CLEAN!

My to-do list has included cleaning the windows, both inside and out, for a very long time. I thought that this was going to be one of those "nice to do" things that never really got done, or that got done sloppily.

While Nico was here, she did go around with a squeegee and cleaned all the windows. However, the squeegee left marks, and the windows behind the screens didn't get cleaned.

I explained last week that I had gotten very gung-ho about getting the windows cleaned in the front of the house, and they looked really good, but I was not excited about the remaining windows. Two of them are behind Jared's desk, and I actually had to disassemble to desk to get to them.

After feeling really ambitious yesterday, I managed to finish the rest of the windows. I bleached out the mildew in the tracks of the windows. I scrubbed the fly specks off the windows. I took the curtains down and washed them. I even figured out how to take the blinds down and clean them thoroughly. The windows look GREAT, and I am so happy to have that done. I can't wait to find the to-do list under all the junk and actually get it crossed off.

No comments: