Tuesday, May 05, 2009

There's The Wall

I worked really hard while Jared and Daphne were gone. I had almost forgotten what it was like to not have things move around mysteriously in the house. I was also able to follow a train of thought and do things one after another without interruption. It really was different than the way I do things these days.

After working hard from 6 am to 10 pm every day, it became clear that I was really running out of steam. I even took one evening off and went to a friend's birthday party.

On Sunday, I really started to feel the stress of all the work I had been doing. I was feeling a lot of pain and pressure in my pelvic floor, and I was actually considering taking a nap for the first time in a long time.

I laid down to take a nap, and still wasn't feeling better when I woke up. Things got progressively worse, and by bedtime I was feeling very dizzy and unwell.

Monday didn't go much better, so a phone call to my midwife ended in the fact that I needed to come and see her.

I drove over to her house (we live close) last night and she checked everything out. On the plus side, things were looking really, really good. The baby is growing and lively, and is even vertex at this point (wahoo)!

The bad news is that I failed a glucose test, which means that I have gestational diabetes. Oh boy. That means that in addition to the food aversions I already have, I've got a lot of new food restrictions I get to deal with over the next couple of months. I'm not really looking forward to this at all.

No comments: