Friday, May 01, 2009

The Kitchen--Die Ants Die

Since Jared and Daphne were going to California this weekend, I have been working hard to get a lot of things done before they go and while they are gone. I do have a long list of things that need to happen before the house is "clean and organized". My plan is to get the list done and then be able to relax and hang with Daphne as the weather gets much nicer.

The other day I decided it was time to clean the kitchen. We have been having a huge ant problem that has been driving Jared and I crazy. The caulking is really bad in our house, so the ants come and go freely through the holes they can find. They are all over any food they can find.

The kitchen needed to be cleaned badly and it needed a bit of reorganization. I am having a hard time doing things that involve bending over. Since a lot of the stuff I use is on the bottom shelf, I decided to remedy that so that I didn't have to be in pain while working in the kitchen.

I spent 19 hours in the kitchen cleaning behind this and that, laying down new shelf liners and scrubbing everything I could find, and it looks great. I've actually been able to cook and clean in there with very little problems.

I do still have a few shelves that I need to clean off and rearrange, but I don't think that is going to take long. The most important thing is that it's yet another room in the house that is in a state of cleanliness that I no longer have to worry about!

No comments: