Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Update

Here are a few hi-lights from the past couple of days. I went to Anti Paros on the boat with a friend that I have. He is a Greek (actually from Cyprus) and he took me and four of my friends to this Greek celebration. At first, it was really boring because they gave an hour and a half speech on the history of Cyprus, but in the end it ended up being really cool because I was able to see the Greek dancers. They came out at the end, and they were beautiful. You can see the Middle Eastern influence in the costumes, but the people looked so happy when they were dancing. They were so totally lively and happy looking.

I really, really loved seeing them. I was able to take a few pictures, but my battery died on my camera, so I only got some, but they are really good, I think. I have had a bit win on working with my camera. I know it is very hard to master cameras, and most people don't need to worry about settings and what they do, but trying to get super professional products out of it that will require the least amount of work and editing while at the computer is actually really hard.

This weekend, I worked really really hard doing things, and I think that I'm becoming very fluent in the language of my digital camera. I fall more and more in love with it every day, as it has allowed me to do things that I would never have been able to do. My photography has improved in such a short time being here just from being out taking photos all the time seeing how things and lighting work and everything. It's just amazing! It is also teaching me more and more each day how my film camera works, but I also have to be able to recognize the differences between the two.

I took some very incredible professional photos this weekend, and I am working hard on them now trying to perfect them so that I can take more and more and more photos and get perfect ones by the end. I think that the staff here are really interested in my work and my progress. I love having John be excited about something that I am doing on my photography. I consider a compliment from him a real compliment.

Though, I have not yet been able to get a compliment from my Photography Instructor, so we're working together more and more to get things to work out. In fact, I got a lesson today on what I did this weekend with my film camera, and then I am going to have a private lesson tomorrow to learn how to take the photos that I EXACTLY want. I'm so excited because she is so brilliant, and this will mean that I will actually getting really good things with her help.

Then, I can move on to getting some prints out, as I've been having a hard time with that lately! We're slowly sorting me out. I'm not pretending that it's easy, because it definitely isn't, but I am starting to learn that there is a lot to learn that that I just need to take it slow.

I'm in good hands though. I was going to go on a trip to two beautiful islands tomorrow, Delios and Mykonios. However, the winds are so heavy and the cold is so bitter that it was cancelled. We were going to have cheap tickets on a chartered boat and be able to see both islands for very cheap, but it doesn't look like that will happen. I'm getting very excited though for this weekend when I go to Santorini! ALRIGHT!

I started a painting today, and it was really exciting. I now have so many going and I totally love it. I am going to do a boat next and then I am going to start painting the way that Boticelli did. I think that I'm going to try to do an exact copy of one of his paintings using the materials that he did. That will be so exciting. I had a writing class tonight and I really got some help with one of my pieces. I loved it. I'm excited! I have mosaic early tomorrow morning, and that should be really good. I love that studio and that woman. It's such an incredible thing. I also have literature tomorrow.

I will finish reading the Odyssey tonight before I go to bed. I only have 10 more pages. I'm excited because he finally made it home, met his son and slept with his wife. He just now has to really wrap up the story. I am then going to read the Iliad. What better place to do it than in Greece with a professional literature professor and Greek translator. So that's what's up with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog, I hope you keep this one up, I've seen too many of my favorite blogs die out.

Taylor
Hear-Rite - starkey hearing aids repair