Saturday, April 16, 2005

Note to All

It's been a while since I've written, and I just wanted to say hello to everyone that means so much to me at home. I am doing so well here. I am super busy, but that's the type of life that I enjoy, and there is plenty to see and learn.

I am working very hard on my painting. I have just started my seventh painting here, and it is an Impressionistic painting. If you thought those people didn't have to have skill to paint the way that they do, you were wrong. It ended up in total disaster, and I am now just waiting for the paint to dry so that I can redo most of it. At least I learned eh?

I've taken nine rolls of photos over the past two days, and I am waiting for the film to dry so that I can lock myself into a dark room and produce some beautiful pictures. I have also attacked meter in poetry, and I am writing standard poetry in many of the forms that have been used for up to 7,000 years ago. That's been an adventure also to say the least. I had the day off today, and I went to the other side of the island with some of my friends and we scaled some rocks up to the top of the hill. When we got there, we found some ancient ruins and it was a lot of fun. After that, we went back down to the beach. It was a beautiful beach because it was actually a sand bar, and you could walk into the ocean and only go up to your knees. My friends went out about a half of a kilometer, and it still didn't get deep. It was really fun though. I have now driven around the entire island. That's kind of cool to know.

Last weekend, I went on an island adventure to the island of Santorini. It is by far the most popular Greek island and we had fun. It is actually an old volcano, and it is the number one delegate for being the island of Atlantis (because almost all of the island sank and a volcanic eruption 100,00 times greater than Mt. St. Helens and caused a title wave that wiped out most of civilization in Greece).

I am planning a trip next weekend with my friend. We are going to go to Crete for our spring break. We are going to rent a tent and pitch it there. I'm excited to see all of the ruins then.

Other than that, things are just going well here on Paros. I went for a walk the other day and discovered that the poppies are blooming here. That's an exciting thing to. The fields are all deep crimson, and I just loved it. I took my two camera and sat in the middle of the field taking photos until my hearts content.

And I must admit that I have a new love. I have discovered a donkey here that is just wonderful. Every day he is tethered somewhere new around the city I am in, and I make it a point to seek him out. It's actually a fun little game and I have now taken his portrait. I will bring it home for everyone to see. He seems so lonely until I come and sneek him some barley. It's kind of funny to see a donkey tethered in the middle of the city, but because donkeys are my absolute favorite animals ever, it's just good for me.

Tonight I am going to an art show and a concert, then it's back to the dark room for some more work. Tomorrow I will play in the sun and work even more. Greece is wonderful, and I hope that these emails inspire you to travel more (especially to here). It is totally worth it. I am going to try to attach one of the photos I took in Santorini, so Enjoy! Feel free to let me know how things are going. Also don't forget that I post writing on my blog about every other day. The address is http://yellowcowphoto.blog.com

No comments: