Friday, April 29, 2005

The Holy Easter Week

It's been demanded of me that I give a Greece update here. It has been very, very busy, and for the last week I have neither emailed my husband or done anything that wasn't art at all. There have been no classes this past week and it has been nice.

Last Friday, we went on that nice, long hike. This week is the super holy, super exciting Greek Easter week. I have been making daily journeys to the church to listen to the church services and also to just admire its beauty. After all, it is the second oldest church in the Christian world built by none other than saint Helen and her son Saint Constantine. Pretty cool stuff. I really like being in there, though I'm a little wary of the different traditions, and things, so I always have to watch out a little with what I am doing.

I have spent many, many waking hours this last week working on my photography. Yesterday alone, I worked for well over 15 hours on darkroom and digital prints. It was a of fun though and I plan on doing it again for part of today. I really got a lot done though. Now, the plan is to take as many photos as I can over the next couple of days. I'm looking at taking about 1000 photos mostly with my digital camera.

Yesterday, my friends and I bought some Easter egg dye and we dyed thirty eggs. It was incredible. They are so beautiful. Imagine what it's like to dye Easter eggs with a bunch of art students. I have some now that I am going to take photographs of because they are so, so beautiful. Tomorrow, am going to take the boat to Athens to spend the end of Easter there. I am promised a lively trip and a lively day, so we'll have to see what befalls. I'm looking forward to going to the museums there. So that's the update for now. I'll keep you all posted.
Posted

No comments: