Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Resumes

I've recently had a nice run in with having to prepare myself to being able to help present Jared in the job world. He's been looking at many good jobs recently, and we were just in the process of getting him to look good, so he had to write a resume. He has a fairly nice one.

I got to thinking. I wrote a resume long ago, but I forgot about it. I thought about all of the things that I have done and accomplished so far. I'm not yet legal to drink, but I still have all this incredible experience in so many different areas.

1.) I grew up on a farm and am very experienced with animals. That's very awesome. I know how to clean a pen, clean an animal, clip an animal, take care of a sick animal, know when an animal is sick, etc. That's a nice skill to have.

2.) I know how to run a movie projector.

3.) I am a trained and qualified 4-H leader. It will be exciting to put these skills into use when I move to Sherwood and join up with the clubs there.

4.) I worked at a bagel store for a while, and can prepare bagels and handle customer service.

5.) I worked as a cashier at a grocery store, so I'm very experience there.

6.) I worked as an Office Manager at the Delphian School for two years. I was then promoted to working in the HR department. I loved that job.

7.) I'm a trained volunteer minister from the Church of Scientology (see all the cool help that's being given after the tsunami disasters at www.volunteerminister.org).

8.) I'm a sophomore in college.

9.) I'm married and I own a house (those aren't things that one would put on a resume, but WOW).

10.) I've been hired on certain weekends to work as the manager of a horse barn.

11.) I'm a trained irrigator (though I'd never tell anyone that).

12.) I know how to operate a tractor.

13.) I know how to train a miniature mule to ride.

14.) I've been working as a college counsellor.

etc.......

Make a list of all the cool things you can do. It's fun.

No comments: