Saturday, February 19, 2005

Jenna, Jenna, Jenna...

Hello!

Here is an excerpt recently from Jenna Elfman's website. Looks like our lives are parallel. Check her out, she's awesome!

Hi all! Jenna here. I hope your new year is going as well as mine. I thought it was time to fill you in on all the good news. First of all, I am coming back to TV! I’m creating a brand new TV show and I can’t tell you much more than that. I want to tell you…but I can’t. It’s very hush hush. But I can say it’s going to be hilarious. I’ll let you know more soon...

I also starred in and produced my first film! "Touched". A really beautiful film. I will let you know how and when you can see it… be prepared to bring tissue. I also moved into my dream house at the beginning of this year…finally! It took forever to remodel but it was worth it…I love it! I’m also about to celebrate my 10-year anniversary with Bodhi. 10 Years! I wrote a piece for Glamour Magazine in the “couples section”. It’s in this month’s edition on newsstands now! Check it out… On the humanitarian side, I’m working very closely with Criminon, a non- profit criminal rehabilitation program that actually works, it gives these men and women the tools and life skills to become contributing members of society. I have been tutoring an inmate through the program and he’s on his third course. His success stories have been fantastic and I’m incredibly proud of him. Here’s some more amazing news. Some of you may know how rampant the legal drugging of kids is in this country. “He talks too much and won’t sit still… give him Ritalin!” Well, you may not know that school teachers and psychologists could force and threaten the parent to put the kid on drugs and if the parent refuses, the school could call Child Protective Services who could charge the parents with neglect and could actually TAKE THE CHILD AWAY! (For not giving your kid drugs!). So, I went to Washington D.C. with a few other dedicated people and we pushed and supported a bill that put the choice and decision into the hands of the parents, where it belongs. Well, I’m thrilled to say the bill passed on December 3rd, 2004. It’s called the Prohibition on Mandatory Medication. No more forcing kids to take drugs, no more threats! It’s up to the parents. Yeah!!! Okay! That’s good for now. A new TV show. A new film. A new house. A new criminal rehabilitation program. A new law passed in congress that protects every child in America. Phew! Okay, I’m gonna sit by my new swimming pool, eat brownies and laugh at my pugs. Stay tuned for more details…

No comments: