Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sunday, October 8, 2006

Ok. I’m really sorry that there has been such a long lapse in my writing. It’s been a while since I got a chance to sit down and write. I’ve spent the last week settling down again on Paros and getting ready for the last semester here at the Aegean Center.

Last weekend, I just got my apartment ready for living in and then I spent some time catching up on my sleep. As soon as Monday hit, I was in photography class almost 12 hours a day either developing my 22 rolls of film and figuring out what to print, or teaching some of the newer students how our darkroom works. I also spent some time cleaning and doing other random things to help the rest of the semester go smoothly.

I can now say that I have developed all of the film that I took in Italy, and I am quite happy with it. Starting at 8:00 tomorrow morning, I will be in the darkroom printing it and getting it ready to put in the photo show at the end of the semester. There are a lot of great shots, and I have put together a project that really communicates how I have blossomed as a person and as an artist while on this island.

There were a couple of things that happened over this past week that really put me back into the spirit of being on this island.

1.) I went swimming. It was amazing. There is nothing more fabulous than floating in the super salty Aegean Sea. It is warm this time of year, and I had a very wonderful time floating around out in the middle of the wine dark sea.

2.) We went on a hike with John. As soon as he started picking the oregano all of the lovely things about this island hit me smack on the head. There was a lovely breeze during the hike, and the ability to pick the spices that I was going to need to use in food that night was amazing.

3.) Speaking Greek is coming naturally to me again, so that is really nice to be around.

4.) Greek food (including Greek yogurt) is really helping me to get over my continuing morning sickness.

5.) Love of the island and the sea overcome me every time I am here, and I forget each time I leave how many of the small details make up the perfect place that is this island.

Tomorrow I get to serious work, and you’ll hear more about that.
We have the snorkeling trip scheduled for next Friday, so you’ll definitely hear about that.

Until Later.

No comments: