Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A sneak peak


Ok.

I know I haven't been writing a lot lately. Most of that is due to the fact that I am very hot and heavy trying to get things done here before the end of the semester. I came a month late (after it had started), so I am really behind. Not a whole lot of adventures going on for me other than the fact that I'm taking a trip to Naxos. My tan is fading away slowly as I spend all of my days inside working even though the beautiful sun is outside. For example, I was in the darkroom from 8AM until 2PM today. After that, I was in the digital lab from 2PM until my 6PM class. After that, I get a chance to watch the sun set before heading back to the world of digital printing. I know--it's a whole process :)

Here is a sneak peak photo from my latest project. I am really enjoying it. I have a whole direction that my portfolio is taking here and Greece, and it's quite different than I thought it would be. I think it will tie in to the things that I am going to need to do next semester (I have an idea for then too). As an artist, the inspiration to communicate about certain things come and go, but the important part for me is to hold on to the things that do come to me and wring them of life so that they can be recreated in my own fashion. It's quite a process. :) I'm becoming a better and better printer every day. The darkroom has taken ahold of me and won't let go. I really am addicted :)

Anyway, I only put rejected photos up here online for you to see, so here is one that has been rejected from my recent project. Enjoy it and look for more clues as to what this project could possibly be.

No comments: