Wednesday, May 10, 2006

All Night Adventure

It's been a little crazy around here lately. We have an exhibition coming up very soon, and that means that we all have to get ready. I have a bunch of work ready, but I still need to get more done. Even though I am only going to have a few works of art in the show, I will be leaving for home the next day, so it will be important for me to have everyhing wrapped up before the show. I say the least, I have about 55 photos that need to be completed both digitally and in the darkroom. I think I am currently about half way there. That means that in the next two weeks I have to do more than the two months before.

The computer lab has been really crowded these days and so has the darkroom. I decided to try working during off times and see what happened. After my night class, I tried going to the darkroom. I went in at about 8:00 PM and I didn't arrive again until 1 AM. That was very good. I got two whole photos developed, and I was thrilled with them.

Then it was off to the digital lab. I was expecting it to be empty, but it still had people in it. I settled down and started to work. At around 3:00, I asked if my friend was going home, and she was uncertain. I agreed with her. I still had a lot of work to do, and I wasn't really tired yet. We agreed to pull an all-nighter so that we could have the lab and the printers to ourselves. It was quite amazing. We went out to get supplies--coffee and french fries. When we went to the coffee shop/bar, she had just cleaned the coffee machine, so we weren't able to get any. She offered, as a replacement a shot of tequilla and Sprite. She said that it would energize for the night. It sure did. Once we got our french fries and ate them, we worked happily on.

Eventually, I looked out the window and the sun was rising. We went out on top of the roof in the cool air and watched as dawn spread out her finger tips of rose. It was beautiful. We are not back to work--actually she is. I've printed 5 photos today, which is many more than I have ever printed in a day, so I'm calling it a good quits.

We're just waiting for one more comuter thing to happen and then it's off to walk on the beach with the sun rising. I'm looking forward to that.

My prints look amazing and the all-nighter has officially been accomplished. It was quite refreshing. :)

After the beach walk, I'm off to change my clothes and get some food before heading back to the darkroom for more fun printing time.

I'll post photos of the roof sunrise. It is amaing.


No comments: