Thursday, April 20, 2006

Report for Thursday, April 20, 2006: Holy Thursday

Today was quite amazing. This actually marks the second day in a row that I have found myself up on the roof of a building asleep. It was actually quite nice. Not only did I get to thaw out from the winter, I have also started to work on a very nice summer tan that I am sure will stay with me until I leave my home here in Greece.

I woke up late this morning because I very rarely keep a clock next to me in bed, and it very rarely matters when I wake up in the morning. I took a shower (at least the pathetic version of one that they have in Greece) and headed for the school. As I was starting to figure out what I was going to do for the rest of the day, my friend walked in and announced that she was going to go to Lefkes and that she had extra room in her car. As I was thinking of doing something in Lefkes today by bus, I took her up on her offer and jumped in her car. We took a nice little ride. I had 4 hours to kill. I took a walk to the top of the hill around the town, and I was able to take quite a few amazing photos. I was pleasantly surprised.

After my walk, I read my book and fell asleep on the roof of the sanctum. It was very nice.

My friend and I took the long way back, and we ran into some cattle in a poppy field. It was quite amazing to see. The field was really red, and the cattle were just munching away. I got quite a few good photos there as well.

We were hungry when we got back so we stopped at a cafĂ© and had a little bite to eat, it was really enjoyable. I had a feta and olive sandwich. It’s been a while since I went out like that, so I had a really good time.

Today is the day that you are traditionally supposed to color Easter eggs. The store was all out of eggs. When I went to the other store to get eggs, I was so happy to get my hands on some that I didn’t realize until later that I had grabbed brown eggs, and they aren’t good for coloring. Oh well. I’ve decided to spend the rest of my day here working on my photos. I’m pretty excited about that.

Jared will be here in almost exactly one week. That’s very exciting to me. I’m so happy!!!!

OK. Hope your day is going very well.

No comments: