Thursday, April 06, 2006

Chris is in Greece

Hello All,

I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that I have finally arrived in Greece. Not only in the country of Greece as a general area, but as I type, I am sitting in my final destination of "Aegean Center for the Fine Arts, Paros Greece."

The weather here is nice. I was able to get off the ferry this morning and dump my bags in my amazing apartment before setting out to get the Greek food that I so know and love. Those of you that have heard me talk about these things before will know that I grabbed a souvlaki and a bougatsa and went and sat at the port and fed my tomatoes to the fish. It was great.

So... the three week traveling journey is behind me, and two semesters of long, hard work are about to begin.

As I sat eating my souvlaki this afternoon, I couldn't help but feel shock at this magical place that I have again landed myself in. My camera is ready. Tomorrow, our fearless leader, John Pack, is leading our student group into the hills to find something. I plan to pick plenty of herbs for my own personal use in cooking this week.

Speaking of cooking, I best get off to the supermarket before it decides to close for siesta leaving me with no yogurt and no oranges for my first weekend back to my magical and wonderful island!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Christine

No comments: