Friday, December 03, 2004

Blackberry Bushes

I live in the Wilamette Valley in Oregon, and I can tell you one thing about the place, there sure are a lot of blackberries. Now, if you haven't figured out by now that I have a goat, I do, and I think that his sole purpose in life has become to attempt to get rid of the blackberry bushes in his surrounding area.

When he first moved here, he hated the things. I can't blame him. What self-respecting animal really eats things with thorns on them. However, for whatever reason, he decided to take a look at them and she what they taste like. He has never stopped eating them since that point. However, despite the fact that he's been munching on these incorrigible bushes for many months now, they still continute to grow. I really think that we should start investigating these bushes for alienship, as this may be the invasion that many have been waiting for. :)

Seriously, these plants must be a mutation gone wrong of some other plant, and that mutation must have happened very recently. Because I tell you one thing, they sure to spread like wildfire, and if you don't contain them, you soon turn into a bush yourself.

So, the moral of the story is, buy a goat and use it, and watch your back door, as these alien plants may be taking over.

No comments: