Wednesday, July 11, 2007

To Vaccinate or NOT

I've decided that I am not going to vaccinate my daughter. We were never vaccinated, and I can only thank my grandma a hundred times for that. After I made this decision, I watched this video, which only made me more sure of my decision. It is a little long, but it is totally worth it

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8610554679207090010

I called to get an appointment to set her up with a Pediatrician in case she would need to have care at any time in her future. The one that I wanted to take her to was booked out many weeks in advance, and they tried to make me set up an appointment with another doctor to keep her on track with her vaccinations. I merely said, "We are choosing not to vaccinate our daughter." The woman was taken aback at my decision.

In my favorite words of the day, "That's why I'm the mama."

No comments: